Landing Pages: An SEO tool
Landing pages are an essential element for the natural referencing of your website. Although optimized, landing pages generate highly qualified traffic, which increases the number of conversions. In addition, they help improve the overall positioning of your website on search engines.
Definition of a landing page
A landing page is a targeted and optimized page dealing with a particular subject. It’s developed around specific keywords, usually of the long tail variety. The purpose of a landing page is to promote natural referencing. As a result, it must have a large amount of optimized text. The landing page is a gateway to your website, attracting visitors with a well-referenced page before leading to the rest of your site, including the purchase tunnel, through appropriately placed calls-to-action.
The creation of landing pages is based on the idea that consumers consult the internet and learn online before choosing a product or service. As a result, their Google searches are often tied to purchase intent. The methodology of landing page creation revolves around fulfilling potential customers’ needs by proposing the services of your company via optimized landing pages. Search engine queries are a significant financial issue for businesses and a potential source of prospects to exploit.
Landing pages in your web marketing strategy
Landing page design can be adapted for specific e-marketing devices such as email campaigns, marketing automation, and search engine advertising (SEA) campaigns. The purpose of a landing page is to welcome the user to your site, using detailed and comprehensive content written according to keyword research. In addition to leading your visitor to making a purchase, landing pages improve the general positioning of the site on search engine results pages.
AdWords campaigns and landing pages
It is essential to have optimized and efficient landing pages as part of a Goolge AdWords campaign. Indeed, decent landing pages increase your quality score and therefore lower the cost of the click on your ads. In SEA, an optimized list of keywords is associated with promoted Google AdWords ads. – These are the sponsored links that appear in the first search results. The goal of an SEA campaign is to improve the ratio of impression rate to the number of effective clicks on qualified keyword feature ads.
The first step is to define relevant keywords according to the objectives and the positioning of the company. Three options are possible:
- The “broad match” that can reach a large number of internet users but does not necessarily generate qualified traffic.
- The “exact phrase,” which takes into account all queries containing the chosen keyword.
- The “exact keyword” that displays the ad only on queries that include only the keyword. This last option significantly reduces the print rate but generates more qualified traffic.
The second step is to define the bids assigned to each keyword or group of keywords and create the corresponding landing pages by taking care of SEO optimization.
Indispensable elements for a good landing page
The text is not the only element to prioritize when creating landing pages. The design of the pages is also very important.
- Landing pages are often the first view that the user has of your website. For the sake of your image, it is vital to make a good impression.
- Landing pages must meet the requirements of responsive design and be easily accessible on mobile devices.
- The design must also facilitate reading. A landing page usually contains a lot of text, so a clear and easy to read layout is crucial.
- Calls-to-action must stand out and be noticeable. The purpose of a landing page is to guide the visitor to the purchase phase.
- Conversion is the ultimate goal of a landing page. Remove any elements that may distract the visitor from the conversion.
Landing pages and SEO strategy
The content of landing pages should correspond to the SEO standards imposed by Google. The search engine uses many criteria to determine the relevance of a web page according to a given keyword. It is, therefore, necessary to produce landing pages in connection with these standards to facilitate the scanning of the first search results and drive traffic to your website. Knowing the basic rules of SEO is essential to ensuring the performance of your site. Good SEO is a guarantee of visibility, traffic, acquisition of qualified leads, and lead generation. You cannot consider a digital strategy without setting up search engine optimization for your landing pages.